- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- SHIPPING & TAX
- WARRANTY & RETURNS
- BILLING & PAYMENTS
- SECURITY & PRIVACY
Contact Info and Hours
• Our friendly team can assist you personally Mon-Fri from 9am to 6pm Eastern Time.
• Outside of business hours, please leave us a message and we'll get back to you like German clockwork.
• We have extended hours during the Holiday shopping season.
How do I set up my new cuckoo clock?
The enclosed manual from the manufacturer Anton Schneider includes the following instructions:
• How to unpack and set up your cuckoo clock.
• How to unwrap the chains, hang the weights and pendulum.
• How to set the time and wind the clock.
• How to operate the manual or automatic night shut-off.
Mobile users: click on the gray arrow to open a new window.
SHIPPING & TAX
• We offer Free Shipping for all orders totaling $399.00 or more (before shipping and sales tax where applicable).
• Most items ship from our German gift store in Pennsylvania to the contiguous 48 states and will be sent via UPS Ground including a tracking number.
• Cuckoo clocks that ship from Germany will be sent via DHL.
• For orders below $399.00, expedited shipping and orders outside of the 48 states, current UPS rates apply.
• We collect 6% sales tax for orders shipping to Pennsylvania.
• For destinations outside of the USA, we are not responsible for any additional customs fees charged within that country.
How are cuckoo clocks shipped?
• In-stock cuckoo clocks usually ship within 2-days from the date of order from our Pennsylvania location.
• We carry a large selection of authentic German cuckoo clocks in our Peddler’s Village store and at the Chicago Christkindlmarket.
• Some clocks may ship directly from the Black Forest, Germany to your doorstep. The delivery time is 5-10 business days with standard UPS Ground shipping.
• If Free Shipping is offered, the delivery time can be 4-6 weeks via DHL.
• You can also contact us prior to placing your order for local availability and a delivery estimate.
WARRANTY & RETURNS
We guarantee the quality and workmanship of all products we carry.
• We offer a full 2-year warranty on cuckoo clocks that are deemed to be defective in parts or function.
This warranty excludes improper use or care by the owner causing damage to the clock as well as lost parts.
• Some cuckoo clock models carry a premium 5-year warranty. → Click here for our premium models
• For all other products, our 30 day return policy is in effect for any item determined to be defective. Any shipment that arrives damaged must be reported to us within 3 business days.
We handle all repairs for items bought on this site or in the store ourselves.
For cuckoo clock repairs, please read our troubleshooting guide first. Most issues can be fixed with a few easy steps.
As part of our 2-year warranty, we offer full phone support on your clock.
If we cannot fix it over the phone, you can bring your cuckoo clock to our store.
Please remember to
• Always keep your sales receipt.
• Always keep the original cuckoo clock box.
• Always call first as we may be able to fix the issue in minutes.
If you are not a customer and looking for someone who can repair your clock, please refer to this list of International Service Centers recommended by the Black Forest Clock Association.
• We accept returns within 30 days from the date of purchase for all new, undamaged items. All items must be returned unaltered in the original box and packaging. All items shipped back to our location must be re-boxed and packed safely to avoid damage to the product or its packaging.
We are not responsible for return shipping charges.
• All sales are final on special order and sale items.
• For in-store purchases, your sales receipt with barcode is required for all returns.
• Any shipment that arrives damaged must be reported to us within 3 business days. Please make sure to keep any broken parts.
How do I return an item?
Due to the hand-made nature of cuckoo clocks, they must first be tested before a return can be processed. All returns must get a Return Authorization prior to being shipped and be included in the shipment. All returns must arrive within 10 days of the Return Authorization issue date. To receive a Return Authorization, please contact us regarding your order.
• Refunds will not include the original shipping and handling charge unless the error was ours and will be only for the cost of the product and any applicable sales tax that may have been collected.
• For orders that were shipped at no charge originally, the actual shipping cost will be deducted from the refund for all returned orders that were not due to the actions of Fehrenbach Black Forest Clocks.
• We reserve the right to assess a 20% restocking charge on returned products.
• Refunds will be given in the same form of payment as the original purchase.
• Larger in-store cash purchases may be refunded by check or gift card.
What is the VdS Certificate of Authenticity?
Genuine mechanical Black Forest cuckoo clocks come with this seal of approval from the Black Forest Clock Association (VdS) guaranteeing that you get a quality hand-made clock from one of the approved clock manufacturers.
➧ Open a PDF version of the Certificate of Authenticity (in German with English translation)
BILLING & PAYMENTS
We do not charge you until your order ships.
For special order ANRI items, we will charge a non-refundable 50% of the original order total upon confirmation of the order by ANRI and the balance when we ship your completed order. For instance,
• If you buy an ANRI figurine for a total of $100,
• We'll charge $50 at order confirmation
• and the remaining $50 when your order ships.
We accept credit and debit cards from American Express, Discover, Mastercard and Visa. You also have the option to use PayPal.
SECURITY & PRIVACY
Your privacy and online security are our top priorities:
• We are an authorized merchant with Google, PayPal and Authorize.net.
• All transactions are secured by 256-bit SSL encryption, the highest commercially available.
• We do not store any credit card or payment service information.
• We do not sell or trade any personal information with 3rd parties.
• All web analytics used are anonymous.
How to identify the correct figurine for my ANRI Nativity Set
1. Start with your ANRI artist's set
2. Determine the correct scale of your nativity set
Each nativity set has a variety of sizes. The size of the Joseph figurine determines the scale of the set. All other pieces are carved in proportion to him.
Therefore, all other figures are listed as 3" (inches) to make sure they fit the scale of your nativity scene.
In this example, you see the holy family of the 3" Karl Kuolt nativity set. Baby Jesus and Mary are also listed as 3-inch figurines, although they are smaller in size.
3. Identify the article number of the figurine when ordering
Let's continue the example with Mary in this nativity set. Under the Additional Info tab, the SKU identifies both the set and the number of the particular piece: 79710/01 where
• 79710 identifies the 3" Karl Kuolt nativity set and
• 01 identifies the set's piece number for Mary.
Uncertain what to order? Give us a call and we can help you identify the right figurines!
How are ANRI special orders shipped?
• In-Stock ANRI: We typically have the Starter and Expanded sets on hand and ready to ship at all times for the most popular artists and sizes. ANRI figures are works of art with each piece carved and painted by hand. This could lead to longer lead times while the artists complete their work.
• ANRI special orders: We receive shipments of ANRI figures constantly throughout the year but are subject to the current availability at ANRI. We will inform you immediately of the status of any ANRI order that will require special ordering or you can contact us prior to placing your order for availability. There are no returns or exchanges on special order ANRI figures.
• Christmas Delivery can only be guaranteed if placed by November at the latest.
• Unsure which ANRI figure you need? Read our guide on how to identify the correct ANRI Nativity set figure.
What music do your (Quartz) battery cuckoo clocks play?
Battery-operated quartz models with music play one song every hour. ♫ Listen to the cuckoo sound and 12 melodies ♫
• Kuckuckswalzer - Cuckoo Waltz
• Bayrischer Ländler - Bavarian Laendler
• Mühle im Schwarzwald - Mill in the Black Forest
• Holzhacker - Woodchopper
• Der Fröhliche Wanderer - The Happy Wanderer
• Trink Brüderlein Trink - Drink Brother Drink
• In München steht ein Hofbräuhaus - In Munich there's a Hofbräuhaus
• Für Elise - For Elise
• Lorelei - Loreley
• Home Sweet Home
• Salut d'amour
What music do your mechanical cuckoo clocks play?
Most of our mechanical clocks, primarily the traditional and chalet types, play two songs alternatingly:
1. Edelweiss (Click below to play sample)
2. Happy Wanderer
With the exception of clocks featuring beer drinkers which play these two songs alternatingly:
2. Drink Brother Drink
2. In Munich There's a Hofbräuhaus
What kind of batteries do your clocks with quartz movements require?
There are three different types of clocks:
• Small clocks without sound require one AA battery.
• Small clocks with sound or chimes require two AA batteries.
• Larger clocks with moving elements and melodies require two or three C batteries depending on the model.
What makes beer steins from KING special?
First, some history about beer steins. In response to the bubonic plague that devastated Europe in the late Middle Ages, Germany established laws to require beverage containers to be covered for sanitary purposes. 'Stein' is the German word for stone. And stoneware was the primary material beer mugs were made of. Steins with pewter lids became popular and remained in wide use until the beginning of the 20th century.
The KING trademark guarantees the most authentic quality of genuinely hand crafted and hand painted German Steins. They offer a unique collection of Old German, Bavarian, Austrian and Tyrolian Steins, which are mostly based on designs of antique originals.
Most KING steins are produced in limited edition. You will receive a Certificate of Authenticity with your stein. And on the bottom of the mug, you will find an authentic seal specifying the number of your limited edition piece of art.
Read below to learn more about what's involved to create those magnificent steins.