Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Info and Hours
• Our friendly team can assist you personally Mon-Fri from 9am to 6pm Eastern Time.
• Outside of business hours, please leave us a message and we'll get back to you like German clockwork.
• We have extended hours during the Holiday shopping season.
• We offer Free Shipping for all orders totaling $399.00 or more (before shipping and sales tax where applicable).
• Most items ship from our German gift store in Pennsylvania to the contiguous 48 states and will be sent via UPS Ground including a tracking number.
• Cuckoo clocks that ship from Germany will be sent via DHL.
• For orders below $399.00, expedited shipping and orders outside of the 48 states, current UPS rates apply.
• We collect 6% sales tax for orders shipping to Pennsylvania.
• For destinations outside of the USA, we are not responsible for any additional customs fees charged within that country.
How are cuckoo clocks shipped?
• In-stock cuckoo clocks usually ship within 2-days from the date of order from our Pennsylvania location.
• We carry a large selection of authentic German cuckoo clocks in our Peddler’s Village store and at the Chicago Christkindlmarket.
• Some clocks may ship directly from the Black Forest, Germany to your doorstep. The delivery time is 5-10 business days with standard UPS Ground shipping.
• If Free Shipping is offered, the delivery time can be 4-6 weeks via DHL.
• You can also contact us prior to placing your order for local availability and a delivery estimate.
How are ANRI special orders shipped?
• In-Stock ANRI: We typically have the Starter and Expanded sets on hand and ready to ship at all times for the most popular artists and sizes. ANRI figures are works of art with each piece carved and painted by hand. This could lead to longer lead times while the artists complete their work.
• ANRI special orders: We receive shipments of ANRI figures constantly throughout the year but are subject to the current availability at ANRI. We will inform you immediately of the status of any ANRI order that will require special ordering or you can contact us prior to placing your order for availability. There are no returns or exchanges on special order ANRI figures.
• Christmas Delivery can only be guaranteed if placed by November at the latest.
• Unsure which ANRI figure you need? Read our guide on how to order the correct ANRI Nativity set figure.
We guarantee the quality and workmanship of all products we carry.
• We offer a full 2-year warranty on cuckoo clocks that are deemed to be defective in parts or function.
This excludes improper care or owner damage to the cuckoo clock.
• For all other products, our 30 day return policy is in effect for any item determined to be defective.
We handle all repairs for items bought on this site or in the store ourselves.
For cuckoo clock repairs, please read our troubleshooting guide first. Most issues can be fixed with a few easy steps.
As part of our 2-year warranty, we offer full phone support on your clock.
If we cannot fix it over the phone, you can bring your cuckoo clock to our store.
Please remember to
• Always keep your sales receipt.
• Always keep the original cuckoo clock box.
• Always call first as we may be able to fix the issue in minutes.
If you are not a customer and looking for someone who can repair your clock, please refer to this list of International Service Centers recommended by the Black Forest Clock Association.
• We accept returns within 30 days from the date of purchase for all new, undamaged items. All items must be returned unaltered in the original box and packaging. All items shipped back to our location must be re-boxed and packed safely to avoid damage to the product or its packaging.
We are not responsible for return shipping charges.
• All sales are final on special order and sale items.
• For in-store purchases, your sales receipt with barcode is required for all returns.
• Any shipment that arrives damaged must be reported to us within 3 business days. Please make sure to keep any broken parts.
How do I return an item?
Due to the hand-made nature of cuckoo clocks, they must first be tested before a return can be processed. All returns must get a Return Authorization prior to being shipped and be included in the shipment. All returns must arrive within 10 days of the Return Authorization issue date. To receive a Return Authorization, please contact us regarding your order.
• Refunds will not include the original shipping and handling charge unless the error was ours and will be only for the cost of the product and any applicable sales tax that may have been collected.
• For orders that were shipped at no charge originally, the actual shipping cost will be deducted from the refund for all returned orders that were not due to the actions of Fehrenbach Black Forest Clocks.
• We reserve the right to assess a 20% restocking charge on returned products.
• Refunds will be given in the same form of payment as the original purchase.
• Larger in-store cash purchases may be refunded by check or gift card.
We do not charge you until your order ships.
For special order ANRI items, we will charge a non-refundable 50% of the original order total upon confirmation of the order by ANRI and the balance when we ship your completed order. For instance,
• If you buy an ANRI figurine for a total of $100,
• We'll charge $50 at order confirmation
• and the remaining $50 when your order ships.
We accept credit and debit cards from American Express, Discover, Mastercard and Visa. You also have the option to use PayPal.
Your privacy and online security are our top priorities:
• We are an authorized merchant with Google, PayPal and Authorize.net.
• All transactions are secured by 256-bit SSL encryption, the highest commercially available.
• We do not store any credit card or payment service information.
• We do not sell or trade any personal information with 3rd parties.
• All web analytics used are anonymous.